Vat registration in Hungary
Register for your Hungarian VAT number and start selling in Hungary.
VAT registration in Hungary
VAT registration in Hungary might be needed for foreign businesses to comply with distant selling, cross-border transactions or permanent settlement regulations.
Our experts will complete the VAT number application via POA document. We will email you the list of the required documents, and upon receiving we will initiate the VAT number application in Hungary.
The tax office will create your VAT number within 4 weeks.
Once you are registered for VAT, you must charge 27% on top of all the goods and services you supply to consumers and other businesses.Not all products attract the general 27% VAT – there are some products and services which attract a 18% rate or 5% rate and others attract a zero rate.
Did you know? Hungary’s 9% corporate tax rate is the lowest in the EU
Why don’t you benefit from this?
Check out our company setup services and start your business in Hungary. With a Hungarian company, you can enjoy low corporate tax easily.
Have you got a question?
Call us today on +36 30 179 9303 or send us a message.
Did you know?
If a foreign company sells goods or services in Hungary, then it may have to VAT register as a non-resident VAT trader. Typical examples of where this is required include:
- Importing goods into Europe through Hungary.
- Intra-community sales (dispatches) or purchases (acquisitions) of goods from another European Union member state.
- Buying and selling goods in Hungary, known as domestic supplies.
- Storing goods under consignment stock arrangements in Hungary for sales to local customers.
- Sales over the internet to Hungarian consumers, subject to a local distance selling threshold.
- Holding live events, exhibitions etc with paid admission on the door
- If a company is otherwise a non-VAT registered but is receiving services in Hungary under the reverse charge rule.
- The self-supply of goods.
The threshold for vat registration in the case of distant selling is € 35,000. This has changed with the introduction of the OSS in July 2022.
VAT registered businesses are required to report their value-added tax periodically. New registrant need to file a tax report monthly.
After the vat registration our specialist team will ensure your VAT reports are prepared in a professional and timely manner.